Friday, April 8, 2016

What a New Year! (Jan. 18, 2016)

This week has been exciting!

Story about Keith. Keith is one of the sisters' investigators.  Apparently it got awkward and so they dropped him over to us.  We saw him and wanted to set expectations talk about how we wanted him to act upon the feelings that he'll receive as he studies this gospel to be baptized. We asked him what he wanted to get out of meeting with us.  He said "I want to learn magician tricks and I've also learned how to be invisible".   This man has been studying with the sisters for over three months.  I'm not trying to hate on the sisters  - this guy was just a
bit of a loon.

Price has been living the Word of Wisdom for 6 days now!!  yay We are so excited he's going to be baptized on January 30!

Devastating news Elder Huff is going to get transferred!  It's been great but I guess the Lord sees him in a different way  - he's going to my old area Summerfield I was there last winter.  I'm hoping he can get in contact with the recent convert Tim Harper who I was able to help come to baptism.

Michael Johnson is a recent convert in the ward and has truly changed his heart - it's amazing. We were able to help him move into a new home. He's been living in a hotel the last year and before that living in his car for the year before.  He's finally in a home and we had the chance to help him move.   It is so exciting and his family are truly progressing in the Gospel!

Brother and Sister Wright from New York made us Café Rio burritos pulled pork style!  It was delicious!  They're super great and fun to be around!

During Stake Conference yesterday we heard from Elder Rasband, Elder Halls, Elder Clayton and Sister Reeves. They spoke to 104 stakes over in this part of the world and it was powerful, but hard to stay focused cause we didn't have any investigators there😥

I'm getting Elder Norconk and he has a slack line and some really good skills.  Also, he has a gopro so we're gonna go off the chain these next 6 weeks! I'm pumped!!

Well, I don't have any other news for y'all! Other then happy Martin Luther king day👏🏿

Love y'all! I really do appreciate emails via here or hand writing letters to my apartment or just a post card that says love you!

Thanks again stay classy west-coast!





No comments:

Post a Comment