Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015

It's so lovely to be able to email you all each week. I'm grateful for technology, know that it does for us #the best. 

 This week has been very exciting for the district. We had several meetings that lasted most of the day. We had one of the 70s, Elder Kopischke, come and speak to us. It was great. I'm going to get straight into it. There is a wonderful member of the ward, a less active named Robert. We were on teams one night and visited Robert. I was with Brother Basileus. He’s a very nice man who also speaks Spanish. We went to the house and met with Robert and his mother. While meeting, I shared a quick lesson about getting over habits and addictions. After a little bit, the mother asked a question in Spanish. I had no idea what she had said. Then Brother Basileus responded quickly in Spanish. I was waiting for the spirit to hit me, thinking that I could feel it, even though they're not speaking the same language that I know. Then once Brother Pursue stopped speaking, Robert, the son, lost it and started to say mean things about his mother. I was thinking, “Where was the spirit?” I had missed the great part, so then Brother Basileus continued to calm them down. What the mother had asked was how should a son act? That really opened up the floor for some crazy things to happen, but we left on a good note with the prayer so that's good. 

We had a wonderful meeting on Thursday with our Mission President. We talked a lot about being quick to observe and asking inspired questions from Heaven. It was amazing and I learned a lot. 

Elder Kopischke came on Friday. The day after he wanted to talk about having a bigger vision. He threw down for about four hours and talked about not being numbers driven and being more helpful to those that we teach. It was great and we all really felt the spirit. 

On Thursday, after the meeting, we are able to go finding. We saw a lady raking her leaves. We walked up and asked if she could use some help. She loved that we are offering and she let us help. So we raked leaves for the next hour or so and talked about the gospel. It really got her into tears and wanted her to come back to church. What had just happened was amazing she then told us about how she just has recently gotten a new job but now she can start going to church again. She told us that how she hasn't been for a year plus. We talked about church, of been baptized and we started to talk more doctrinally and she felt the spirit a lot. We were able to set about a go date for her. So excited for Sharon... she's a great lady! After meeting Sharon, we continued to look for other ways to find. We met a lady named Larada. We helped to chop wood for an hour or so. Hopefully she can have us back for her dinner soon #missionary life. 

So to top the week off, we were able to see Robert at church on Sunday. He wanted to come so badly, he started calling us at 4 AM until we were able to call him back at 6:30. That is when we're supposed to link up, pick them up and bring them to church. On the way, he talked about how he went to mass earlier at the Catholic Church. He was excited take the Sacrament - ours, we put in a basket. He went outside after receiving the Sacrament. We wanted to go sit outside at the end of the sacrament service, went outside to find him and he was he was looking at a scratch thingies where you buy them and you scratch them off and you try to win money. Anyways that was hilarious but we're just glad he was able to make it to church. He knows gambling is a problem. I will continue to ask him to repent I'm so grateful for all of you and all you do for me. 

Thank you for the letters and packages and the wonderful things that you sent me this week. Sorry for the spelling, I'm sure it's awful but I am who I am and am working on it so give me a brake #repentanceisreal 

Don't have pictures sorry next week I'll do better! Love you all so very much. Love, Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment