Saturday, March 14, 2015

Stay Golden!

Hello my people!

Well I had fun this last week! It was bike week so that's a pretty good start to the week!  I got sick on Monday and was pretty ready to roll over dead, but pushed through so that's when we started to use the bus system!   That was fun!  We got to teach on them and have fun with it hahah!

So this week we had two different family history events and and it was alright.  We had a couple of members show up so it was great! But kinda awkward cause only a few and the family history representatives were a little sad cause of the no show but repentance is real and we'll be able to make the next one a lot of better

I had an exchange with Elder Christian this week.  While we were on exchanges we were walking  around this neighbor after a missed appointment and we saw this lady and her son.  We walked up and the lady started to yell
at us telling us to get lost and her son said he wanted to talk to us.  We talked with him and he was asking us if we have multiple wives and if we're Christian and all sorts of good questions.  Then, the mother came
back outside and started to ask questions and my companion went up to her and started to talk with her and help her understand what we do.  While he was teaching her I was setting a baptismal date with the son and then I look back up and the lady was crying and hugging him.  They then wanted us to come inside and she opened up!  That was a great lesson and very exciting!

So we met this family, Carmina and her father.  We went over to their house and her father was excommunicated when he was 17 years old and he has always taught his kids the churches doctrine.  Carmina has been reading in the Book of Mormon and she is in Jacob 5 and loving it!  So far her dad seems like he wants to baptized again, but we set a date with her.  Not sure about him yet.  She is great and we're very excited to see her progress!

We have this family in the ward that loves doing missionary work and he calls us the other night and says "I have tookie coming over I need y'all to show up randomly and talk about the gospel." Turns out this guy had a dream just like Lehi's!! It was a great meeting and hopefully we'll see him again soon!

Zone meeting was on Friday and our monthly fundamental is the Doctrine of Christ so we had a great meeting!

I'm loving this area!  There's great people here and this last year this ward had one of the highest baptizing with 26!  All the recent converts are great and ready to teach! I love it!!

I love you all so very much and am grateful for all the letters and love!!  Thanks again for the support and packages!  Make sure you send a lot more to me and my brother John aka elder Nelson in France!  He wants
some! I love you all love love love!

Love elder Nelson

Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment