Monday, March 23, 2015

March 16, 2015

Hello my loved ones! I miss y'all so much! #thestruggle

This week has been pretty amazing!  We met a lot of good people.  The first person I'm gonna talk about is a very nice kid named Kobi.  While Elder Hughes and I were walking around a neighborhood, we saw him playing with a basketball by himself.  We walked up and he thought we were cops at first and then we started to play some ball
with him and I was balling it up #nodoubt! We started to bring up the Restoration and when we said that God has called another Prophet, he said,"but the bible tells us to look out for false prophets."  We then knew he was listening and we laid it all out for him and he loved it!  He even asked for the address to our church and then he committed to baptism on the 11th of next month!  We are pumped!

So on another sunny day (aka mostly rainy days here) we got done with a lesson and we walked out side and there was a girl with her kid.  We talked to her and started to share the Restoration and while sharing this message the heathen of a child was running away while trying to share this message.  We were chasing the kid around and he
started to knock on a door... it was his mothers door. I guess the girl we were talking to was her aunt so after her aunt says, "can you watch your kid? I'm talking to the Mormons.  Then the sister started to freak out and said "Don't talk to them!  They're crazy and stuff."  Then, she saw us and started to come outside and she said "we're okay.  We don't want to listen."  Then I said "what's your problem with the Mormons" and started to ask her questions to help her understand that we're not crazy people. We ended up finding out that her father passed away due to suicide and we were able to share some of the Plan of Salvation and she started to cry and said no one has ever answered that question like that! Very spiritual! She then invited us in and offered coffee and snacks we passed on the snacks and coffee.  We shared the Restoration with them both and they committed to baptism on the 11th of next month!  We're very excited for them!

The mission is picking up right now!  It's great!  We have a Seventy coming to speak with us on Thursday about the iPad and Facebook!  It's exciting!

The weather is starting to warm up.  It's taking forever it rains so much.  It's hard not to be depressed sometimes but the Atonement helps with that as well!

For all those in Arizona, my bishops daughter served in Mesa like a year ago.  Her name is Sister Gustafson.  Very nice!  The bishop's family is the best!

Some fun facts of my life: 
We drive a Chevy curz. 
I drink water from the sink and don't think it's good for me but life continues. 
We have a cat that my companion likes to feed and so each morning it comes to our study room and sits outside of the window till we feed it (bad idea)
My President came up with the saying "Exact Obedience Brings Success!"
We play this game where you call out shipping trucks while we drive to waste time.  If you see a DHL you win!

Anyways, I love you all so much and am grateful for all the letters or packages y'all send me!  Please continue to. I love candy or anything to do with food.  Thanks so much!!

Here's some photos



PS - Totally forgot about the best day yesterday!  Before church we were given permission to go to a less active members house and go to his bedroom and wake him up.  It was super funny and hilarious! I love you

all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment