Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Love is the strongest motivation to act!

Hello everyone!  So excited to write to you this week.!  This week has been very fun, interesting and super stressful and exciting! 

So last week I got Elder Huff from Cottonwood Heights Utah! He is great and has such a strong testimony of the Gospel and has a lot of knowledge of it! 


We're working with this part member family where the father got baptized a few months ago and his wife hasn't had time really to meet with us! But this week were able to meet with both of them and had a very spiritual lesson with that she seems promising to be able to want to enter into the waters of baptism! We're so excited!! 

We had Stake Conference this week and we had Elder Anderson come to re-organize the Stake presidency.  He was the one that spoke in General Conference about the music of the Gospel. He shared with us about love is very powerful to think about the influence of the love in my life. I'm pretty sure the only reason why I was able to get out here was because of the love that my family showed me the true Christ like love! And I'm super grateful for it! Talk about the story of two men that broke horses... one of them would ride it around and roughhouse it.  He'd pull super hard back on the rains and really treated it not well and he kicked it and forced it to do things! The other one would whisper in the horses ear, brush it down and give it some loving and then just really let it ride itself. The one that had a less forceful way had more of a loving way was able to break more horses.  I felt like this is the way that we all need to help people grow is by showing love.  It is the greatest way to teach people! In D&c 121: 41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;..."

We talked about persuasion and what it means and he presented in a way that was so loving he said I like to think of persuasion as "sharing information" 

I love this gospel. 
"people don't care how much we know until they know how much we care"

I love you all so much! I truly do love you! 

Please let me know what I can do to help. Elder Nelson! 


Sent from my Liahona

Happy Thanksgiving!!  Carving pumpkins with my district!




No comments:

Post a Comment